Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year Cleansing

I spent the day clearing out the most important room in my house; my bed room. Next to the kitchen, I spend most of my time there. That's where I keep all of my books, ingredients, and spell needs. During the holidays, I put off cleaning my room for as long as I could. Last night, when I came home from being with friends I tripped over everything. It was definitely time to clean. 

After my morning cup of coffee and a quick pick up of my kitchen, I was ready to get started. It was about 11 in the morning, but it's never too late to start the year off in a positive mood. I thought about the best way to cleans my room of all the negative feelings it's accumulated over the year when I saw it was snowing. Fresh snow is the best. So I took a small cooking pot and went out side. I took the cleanest snow off my porch and filled the pot. Back inside I pulled out my favorite oils.
Sweet Orange
Spearmint
Lemon
I also pulled out two of my favorite herbs that I grew last year.
Basil
Oregano

With everything out, I put the snow on the stove to melt and boil. I had to go back outside a few times to get a decent amount of water after melting. Once I was happy, I started putting my ingredients in and chanting my spell. 

With the first snow
of the new year,
I empower you
to clear.

Sweet sharp orange,
clear my mind.
Home grown basil,
happiness to find.
Pure oregano,
a chance to grow.
Lush spearmint,
A new life to show.
Lemon sweet,
and equally fine.
Show my love,
That he is mine.

After adding all the ingredients, I stirred the water with my wooden spoon (the only spoon I use for magic) and repeated the spell. Once I felt it was strong enough I put it outside in the snow and finished the spell.
 Let fresh snow,
grant my blessing.
So it is,
So mote it be.
I had wanted to say bright sun grant my blessing, but it was still snowing. 

With my cleansing water energized, I went to work in my room. The first thing I cleaned with the water were my stones. I took my time cleaning everything that held magical importance to me, and even got my boyfriend to fix my book case for me. I wiped every surface down with fresh snow and burned lavender incense.

After everything was where I wanted it, I placed one final spell in my chalice. The following ingridents correspond with the following spell.
Sugar
Lavender
Spearmint
Domiana
Star Anise
Sandalwood
Fennel

Bless us,
with a sweet year.
Bless us,
 with a calm year.
Bless us,
with a wealthy year.
Bless us,
with a passionate year.
Bless us,
with a healthy year.
Bless us,
with protection this year.
Bless us,
with an abundant year.
So it is,
So mote it be.

The new year has a nice start to it, and there will be more magic waiting for me in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment