Saturday, December 29, 2012

The First Step

All journeys start with a problem. Every person on Earth is embarking on their own journey. It may not seem like it most days, but we are each taking a step forward towards a new life. Sometimes it takes a huge push to start going in the right direction though.

While skipping the dramatic issues that have arisen in my life, I'll keep it simple. I'm suffering from mental fatigue. Nothing is interesting to me anymore, and those who love me are concerned. It's time to make my own path and restart my journey. While medication can help me, I'd rather take a more natural rout. 

I've always been enticed by magic. Two years ago, my cousin bought me Silver RavenWolf's book The HedgeWitch. I have read it and re-read it, and occasionally tried a spell or two. My Wiccan library has grown since then, but I've never practiced daily. With my health and mind degrading by the day, now's a good time for a change. 

Magic happens every day. Sometimes we miss it. Other times, we choose not to see it. Today, I'm going to embrace it for all that it's worth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment